Monday, February 7, 2011

Pre-Op Diet Day 1

A lot of people have the opportunity to have one last big shebang before they go on their pre-op diet. I got the call to schedule surgery the afternoon before my pre-op diet was to begin. In so many ways, I would call myself fortunate that I didn't have that option.

Pre-Op diet Day 1

The Pre-Op diet for my doctor is a bit different than other people I have spoken to. From what I've gathered, most have a 2 week liquid diet before the Gastric Bypass surgery.

This is my diet:

Breakfast: Protein Shake
Snack: Protein Shake
Lunch: Protein Shake
Dinner: Meal
4 oz Lean Protein (1oz as milk)
1 cup Vegetable
1/2 cup or 1oz Carbohydrate (from a list he gave me)
1 Fruit (1/2 Cup, 1 piece or 1/4 C dried)
1 Fat exchange allowed 1Tbs or 1tsp full fat dressing/butter

Tonight's Dinner:
3 oz chicken
1/4 cup LF Cottage Cheese
1 Cup Peaches
1/2 Cup Roasted Garlic Potatoes
1 Cup green beans

Today went well. Today was the first day of the rest of my life. I was hungry for sure (I mean from 5am to 5pm all I had was 3 protein shakes) but it didn't feel like it would have if I was trying to stay on a "diet." Yes, my "Pre-Op Diet" is a diet, but in the true sense of the word just meaning what you eat. Not even once today did I even consider going off of what my eating plan is. I know that the next 2 weeks are going to be difficult in fact I am even hungry now and I ate dinner already lol.

I am feeling optimistic. I have my Pre-Op appointment with Dr Nguyen tomorrow morning. He is going to go over my check in time, what will happen at the hospital etc. I am very excited!!!

I have stuff I want to do before I go to the hospital. The main thing is that I want my house to be clean. I don't want to have to be stressed about my surroundings while I am supposed to be recovering.

I am planning to make a couple of meals into ziplock bags for my husband while I am at the hospital as well as some for the few days after I get back. I think once I've been home for a few days, I won't have a problem cooking his dinner though.

My last project is to go through all of the clothes in my bedroom. I want to have them organized so I can figure out what I can wear post-surgery :) I think this will be a fun project! I am also going to steam clean my house before my surgery so that everything is clean and happy :)

Anyway so this is the end of Day 1 Pre-Op Diet I am hungry but I am happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment