Monday, February 7, 2011

The Next Step - January 25, 2011

January 2010:
Attended Weight Loss Surgery Seminar
First Appointment @ St Francis WL Clinic

February 2010:
Met Nutritionist to start Series of 7 Nutrition Appointments to start in March

March 2010:
1/7 Nutrition Appointment I will need to lose 23.5 lbs for the doctor to consider me for surgery
Endoscopy for Dr's exploration in preparation for surgery

April 2010 - September 2010
2-7 Nutrition Appointments - lost my total of 23.5 lbs over the 9 months! YAY!

September 2010:
St Francis WLC submits to insurance

October 2010:
SFWLC lets me know that I can't go to them. The hospital isn't approved.

November 2010:
Started at Virginia Mason. Per the insurance this is a Dr I can go to.
RN from my insurance called and let me know she would be by my side for the entire process. I let her know where I was in the process and that I had completed ALL of the requirements at St Francis. She was shocked and let me know that the other Dr had never called my insurance. Virginia Mason called to make sure I was approved to go to them and she would help me get through this. By the end of the conversation it was discovered that the person from my insurance that told me I could go to VM was wrong too!!! At this point it was laughable. I was devastated but it was almost funny to me it was so bad...

December 2010:
Started at Overlake Hospital. Dr. Nguyen is amazing and the third time is the charm!

January 2011:
It is such a blessing in disguise that I ended up Dr. Nguyen! He is the perfect match for me and my personality and needs. He was able to use everything from my other doctors with his own notes and got my surgery approved in 1 month!

I am officially scheduled to have surgery on February 8, 2011!!!!!!!!

IN EXACTLY 2 WEEKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment